happy december 2010

Another December 1st, another attempt at doing the oh-so-wonderful December Daily album inspired by Ali Edwards and Jenny :) .
Day 1

The stories of today....

I wanted to do some type of advent calendar for the girls...as I was browsing one of those Family Life/ Fun (can't remember title) magazines, this project caught my eye. I simply bought a bunch of green papers and used the Ali Edwards numbers for each of them....

I set them up the night before and had every intention of putting the treats under each of them, but knowing how 'curious' Sofia and Ava are, I reminded them that elves bring a treat each night under the advent calendar, so that if they tried to do any sneak peeks, they wouldn't find anything. The first day's treat was a Cinderella pin for each of them....


The other great story for December 1st was that Mary Ellen and I worked on a project together and had a blast! We are sending Christmas CDs to clients and went crazy at Paper Source buying CD covers / envelopes / embossing ingredients (including a Zap Embossing heat gun) and pretty Christmas tree foil stamp. When looking at all the items, it started to look like a HUGE undertaking, but the great team we are, we assembly-lined it and knocked 'em out in just a few hours. But the best part was just the great conversation about Christmas spirit and what she used to do when her kids were little. She reminded me about how the season was about just being together and the simple things....NOT about how many gifts to buy the family. She told me about Annie and Willie's Prayer that she, to this day, recites to her children every year. She inspired me to put up ALL of my ornaments, not just whatever theme I decide on that particular year. We had a blast just chit-chatting, and it truly got me into the holiday spirit.






1 comment:

Jenny said...

Joce, they turned out beautiful! Save one of those CD covers you made for one of your DD books! And I LOVE the handmade Advent trees. Even better in person!