10 things I am thankful for right now


1 - my parents. I am so grateful to have them so close, literally and figurative. They help us out tremendously with our kids and my sister's kids. They often have home-cooked meals ready for us and ask for nothing but for us to do our best and be our best. I don't tell them enough but I love them and am so thankful for their health and happiness.

2-music. It's thanks to lots of driving that I am listening to a lot more Pandora lately. Love popular music, but especially love my show tunes. I am counting the minutes until Les Miserables comes out! And thanks to Amazon Prime, I am catching up on all the Glee that I've missed over the years ever since I cut back watching TV. I love singing my heart out in the car and at home. Yes, my fantasy job is being on Broadway. Another cool thing is hearing the girls sing some of my faves. Just the other day I heard Ava belting out "five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.". Fa la la la la.

3-opportunity. Huge believer that relationships have a great deal to do with the opportunities you are given. The people I have met in my life have brought me to where I am in life- personally and professionally. Real estate has really taken off for me and I am just thrilled to be helping so many people either get out of a bad and stressful situation but also others that are fulfilling a life goal.

4-Disneyland. It is our home away from home. I've been a Disney fan for as long as I can remember and I am so lucky to live so close that we can take the family there on a whim. As I am writing this, we are headed there now. Just love how carefree I feel when I'm there and I love seeing the joy and smiles on my daughters' faces when we are there.

5-coffee. It comforts me any time of day - sometimes even five times a day.

6-Jay. The past 20 years with him have flown by. I love waking up next to him every morning. I love how he makes me laugh and how much we love and support each other. He is going through some awesome life changes too -- and it makes me happy to see him grow. He is such a wonderful husband, father and friend.

7-church. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel has become a second family. It's been great seeing our faith grow. And although we have never been extremely religious (despite the fact that I went to Catholic school), it's never too late and being at church grounds us and makes us even more grateful and humbled.

8-friends. The tv show and the real ones. I'm so thankful for my friends - some old, some new, some renewed. Thanks to my lovely iPhone, it's so easy to send and receive a quick word of gratitude or a quick joke or words of inspiration to my friends. In the hustle and bustle of life, it's these little things that make each day fun.

9-Instagram. Pictures worth so much. It takes not even a second to look at each one, but I love feeling connected to family and friends this way.

10- Sofia and Ava. At 9 and 6, they are at such a fun age where they are so eager to learn and do. They have their share of fighting, but there are even more moments where they're laughing together and talking to each other like BFFs. I just love hugging and kissing them and telling them how much I love them. Sometimes I catch myself just staring at them in amazement, listening to their voices in awe and longing for just another hug from them both.

No comments: